Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
-Mark Twain

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Haiku!

Ever since I started posting haiku, friends and family have joined in the fun with haiku of their own. I love it! They're hysterical. I got this message from my sister today and I thought I should share it.

I first need to preface the Haiku's with the story behind them.

Derin (my old mngr.) was suddenly awakened Monday morning with the harsh sound of something slamming into his bedroom window. He jumped out of bed to see what the noise was. He looked out the window and saw a poor little yellow finch that looked in a daze or perhaps even dead. He rushed outside to check on the bird. The bird looked like it was possibly alive. He went to the garage to get a cage so no cats or other animals could get the bird. As he shut the garage door behind him, he realized that it had been locked and he had just locked himself out of the house. Here he stands in his backyard with a bird cage, and nothing but a bathrobe and slippers on. He went to the next door neighbors to see if anyone was home to help. No luck. After
peering into numerous neighbors windows he knew he had to make the trip on foot 5 blocks away to a friend's house that had a spare key. So, here is Derin, bathrobe and slippers walking down the street around 8am. Suddenly, he remembers it is the first day of school. There are children on every street corner, some with parents. He thought - this looks really bad. So, he started walking through people's backyards and hiding behind bushes before finally reaching his friend's house. Needless to say, Derin had a bad day. We were all laughing hysterically at the thought of this site. JT wrote a Haiku and then Derin returned the favor of writing one back. Read below:

-------------------------------
Bird versus window
Bathrobe refugee wanders
Avoiding children.

-------------------------------
Many people laugh
Noble rescue gone quite wrong
Now key lives outside


I read this and I busted out laughing!

Please send me your haiku! They're great!

I will post some more later this week.

No comments: