Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
-Mark Twain

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

What are you doing here?!?

Please raise your hand if someone has ever yelled "What are you doing here?" at you in a crowded airport?? Looks like I'm the only one with my hand raised because.. you guessed it.. I ran into someone I knew. And not just anyone, my SISTER who was waiting to fly back to Minneapolis from Logan International in Boston. (I must mention that she yelled "What are you doing here?" three times and then I of course began yelling in response. The number of people that turned their heads and stared is unknown. The Christensen voice travels well and so it is not known how far down the corridor this happenchance meeting was announced.) It was a great way to start off the long flight across the ocean, but at the same time WAY WEIRD!

OK.. bad news I can't upload any pictures yet, so please don't boycott the site.. I promise I have some GOOD ones coming!!

Alright! The trip.. Jennie and I have been keeping count of the interesting things we have seen and comments we needed to make on our first day of travel.

We decided that there is either something in the water or all the dutch weed is going to people's heads because people have been surprisingly nice and pleasant!

The Award for Best Dutchman goes to the guy at the train station who was SO helpful in getting us set with our Eurorail passes that he even waved the processing fee as a birthday present.. yes!

The Award for Most Surprising Dutchman goes to the dude who had patches of blue foam hair dye all over his head. Yes, this man stepped out of the hair salon to ask us if we were lost-we weren't, but he did direct us to a nearby internet cafe.

Jennie's Observation of the Day: When standing in line, stand as close as possible to the person in front of you. If you fail to do so, someone will most certainly see the open space as an invitation to budge.

BTW We went to Anne Frank's House, Central Station, we're heading to a Historical Dutch Museum, and the Rikestadt Museum.. we thought the other stuff was way more interesting to mention.

TOMORROW: Bunde, Germany- ya vol!

Hope everyone is well!!
Kira and Jennie

1 comment:

Katherine Von Bora said...

Glad your way to Europe has been smooth! It's too quiet here, so I'm glad to have these updates from you. Happy birthday!