Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
-Mark Twain

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Let's get it started..

The blue sweatshirt is getting washed, and my backpack is anxiously awaiting to be packed...

When I finally uploaded my last set of grades, signifying the end of my first year of teaching, my mind turned immediately to my upcoming trip and its preparations. How can I share my pictures and thoughts from this trip with my friends and family who will be thousands of kilometers away? Being my father's daughter I immediately thought of this.. an on-line journal.. this blog...

Anyway...

I'm preparing for, what I expect to be, an exciting trip into Central Europe. I'm travelling with Jennie, my friend and former roommate which I hate to say because the connotation of the phrase "former roommate" is perhaps negative and therefore does not accurately portray the relationship with one of my closest and dearest friends. There are not many people that I would even consider travelling through Europe with in this way. We've been to Germany together, and I know that the two of us will be great travelling companions.

No comments: