Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
-Mark Twain

Sunday, August 02, 2009

The Project...

Eureka!

On the list of "To Dos" for my classes here in Geneva, figuring out a project idea was basically THE most gratifying item to check off the list. My parter Ben and I were able to check it off on Wednesday!

Since then we've been busy working on video to present the idea, concept mapping for the web page, goals, a "one-pager" which we can give to potential partners (NGOs that would work with us on the project) and... lots of other things we haven't even thought of yet. However, we couldn't get started on any of this other stuff until we figured out our idea. So I'm thrilled that we have it worked out on paper and people seem excited about it when we tell them what we'll be doing! I'll post our video when it's finished so you can get a sense of what I'll be working on for the next year. It's going to be very cool.

And no... I'm not going to tell you the idea until we finish the video. I'm interested in everyone's opinions, and I think the video is a good way to get the basic idea of what the project is about!

Peace,
Kira

1 comment:

lpole2 said...

Congrats on choosing your project! I can't wait to see the video and learn all about the project. I've also been talking up you and your experience to all our Bismarck friends, including Katie. They can't to learn more!

You go girl!

Have I mentioned that it's only 41 days to the U2 concert in Chicago?!!!